Saturday, September 3, 2022

Maintenance database

I keep looking around for an app that would help with repetitive (and the occasional non-repetitive) tasks that need to be done, say for example to keep a house maintained. It would help me remember everything from knowing when to change filters in the furnace and refrigerator, to repainting the exterior, changing batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, or other gadgets around the house. I would even use it to remind me when to do the regular cleaning tasks, rotating through various bedrooms and bathroom, so all the cleaning doesn't have to be done at the same time, but still gets done in a reasonable time-frame. 

I'd like it to have a high level summary page, that shows what needs to be done now, and what's coming up soon.

Ideally, it would let me record when something was done, and the repeat period, so it could calculate when it needs to be done again. It would be helpful to be able to say how long something takes, which could be used to create a schedule that fits a few tasks in a desired time period during the day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment